Smart-e Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Smart-e Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Smart-e collects personal information, including job title, email address, telephone number (mobile number if provided), employer/company, when someone contacts the organisation about our products or when they visit the company stand at a tradeshow or exhibition. When you purchase from Smart-e we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information or information to set up a credit account and will record transactional data. For security reasons, we do not store your credit card information. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Smart-e does not sell or rent any personal information about our customers to any third party. With your prior consent, we may share names and addresses from our mailing list with carefully chosen marketing partners. We may also share aggregated statistical or demographic information with third parties in a manner that does not reveal our customers’ personal identity.
The shipping and billing information you provide when you make a purchase allows us to process your order and answer questions about the status of your order. When you provide contact information over the phone or during a purchase, we may use the information you provide for such purposes as communicating with you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not transfer any data overseas. Smart-e partner with export distributors but we will provide you with the contact details for the relevant export distributor when necessary and we will not pass on any customer information without prior consent.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you prefer not to receive our emails, please follow the opt-out, unsubscribe or contact preferences link at the bottom of the next email that you receive from Smart-e.co.uk. Our emails will also contain a link to where you can gain access to the personal data we hold and you can choose your contact preferences and communication types. Once edited or changed, our contact database is automatically updated and we will only make contact as per your preferences selected. Periodically we may send contact database update emails so you can review your contact preferences and details we hold on our database.
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us as follows, to change any of these details and information.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 01306 628264
By Mail: Hale House Barn, Oakwoodhill, Ockley, Surrey, RH5 5NA
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Smart-e UK Ltd is a subsidary of Smart-e Solutions Ltd.