As designers and manufacturers with a dedicated research and development team, Smart-e can cover AV solutions from start to finish. We pride ourselves on engineering products that are easy to use, long-lasting and easy to install. By focusing on our customers’ needs and adapting products to provide flexible, specialist applications, we have gained an outstanding reputation for cost-effective and reliable products.
Our technical expertise and working partnership with globally recognised universities, combined with our 30 years’ experience in the Broadcast and AV industry, allows Smart-e to be ahead of current commercially available technologies and at the forefront of visual and audio technological development.
Our extensive client portfolio ranges from smaller companies wanting a one-to-one presentation solution to blue chip clients and distributors worldwide. We offer bespoke as well as ‘off the peg’ solutions for all manner of industry and residential requirements, and can put you in touch with Smart-e recommended installers who know and understand our products. Our adaptable products offer solutions to customer requirements from high end residences, banks, educational environments and hotels to super yachts, multi-national corporations and more.
Smart-e’s team have the knowledge required to manage every stage of a product’s development from its initial conception through to large quantity manufacturing. Smart-e have dedicated in house personnel to cover schematic design, pcb layout, mechanical design, system firmware, system software, cabling and power, test and assembly procedure and quality inspection. The bulk of the products are assembled and tested by closely vetted contract electronic manufacturers, under strict procedures, whilst custom built products are assembled and tested by Smart-e trained technicians. Smart-e has also invested heavily in video and audio test equipment to ensure the highest quality in all its products.
Smart-e holds good relations with all major industry bodies, and we are approved, either directly or via our partners, by all of the approval bodies noted below.
- HDMI – All of our relevant products have been through and passed HDMI ATC testing
- HDBaseT – Adopter of the HDBaseT Alliance
- HDCP – Licensee of HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- CE – Products are compliant with the health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area
- FCC – Products are compliant with the health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the United States of America
- ISO9001 – Smart-e is a holder of this Internationally Registered Quality Management System
At Smart-e we take the environmental effect of our business seriously, and we try to minimise our impact on the environmental wherever possible. Where possible we minimise our use of motorized transport by using remote conferencing, and we work closely with our local delivery services to make sure they are not making unnecessary trips to our premises.
To reduce packaging and wastage we purchase all components in bulk, and we also provide a lifetime repair guarantee to all customers which prevents unnecessary product waste. We work in a paperless office, with allow internal communications being handled digitally. As a company, we follow the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive to make sure we are recycling the maximum amount of waste products possible.
Support & warranty
Smart-e offers excellent support, with regional offices and support engineers covering the whole of the UK. We provide web-based FAQ and troubleshooting support for simple fixes, as well as email and phone services for On-site help, ensuring you receive a professional and efficient service throughout the project.
All our products are of the highest standard and include a 3 year return-to-base warranty, as well as an extended warranty option.
ISO 9001 Certified Management System
In July 2012 we achieved the British ISO 9001 Quality Management standard and ISO 9001 Registered Quality Management System. The standard has enhanced our operational efficiency, helping to ensure we meet the needs of our suppliers and customers.
Smart-e design and manufacture high quality audio and video switching and distribution equipment. Our innovative technology is used in a wide range of environments, such as corporate, educational, residential, leisure, marine, training, security, surveillance and digital signage. Smart-e solutions are cost effective, reliable and adaptable.
Specialist Product Design:
- UK based design and manufacture enables swift lead times
- In-house expertise enables Smart-e to adapt rapidly to new technologies
- UK research and production removes reliance on third parties
- Custom Design for bespoke solutions adds value to the products
In-house R & D Team:
- Creative design solutions
- Working in partnership with universities
- Looking ahead to future technologies and customer requirements
- Adapting products for specific projects to cater for particular needs
- Working together with clients to create bespoke solutions
Support & Warranty:
- All products are built to last and have a 3 year warranty as standard
- Extended warranties available
- Dedicated support direct from the manufacturer, solving queries quickly and efficiently
- Advance replacements available
- Installation and on-site support and training